What the heck is in Winslow, Arizona you say? That's what I thought (and said) when my mom said she planned a family trip for all of us (all 4 kids in my family and their families). Rachel and Jared and their 4 kiddos (she had a baby girl merely 11 days before I had Mya) were driving out from Oklahoma to spend a week in Mesa with everyone and we were to meet them in Winslow and then drive back to Mesa all together. So last Saturday we all headed out early in the morning for the 3 1/2 hour drive to Winslow.
I loved Winslow and in the town there are so many picturesque locations that I wasn't able to take advantage of because of the lack of time. Maybe I'll head back there one day. Its a really small, old town that is near the Navajo territory here in Arizona. You wouldn't think much of it at all if you were just passing through. We spent the whole day outside having fun, and doing a little hiking and exploring to see the petroglyphs (so cool) down in the canyon. That night we crashed at a historic hotel called La Posada (LOVED this hotel. Such cool architecture). And on Sunday we went to church there and then headed home.
It was a really short trip but so much fun. And so good to have everybody together. Thanks again mom & dad.
This sign made me laugh out loud.
Gotta love road-tripping with the whole family...
I HATE crossing across rickety bridges over rushing water. I was so scared to cross it. But hey if my 6 year old niece and 4 year old nephew can do it, I should be able to too right?
Ty loved being outside so much. This kid lives to be outside. Me too.
5 comments:
ok. I am obsessed with your pics you took. Can I steal them? Wasnt the weekend so fun!? Loved it.
Of course you can use these pics Kell. It was fun. Just wish the vaca could have been longer!
Holy gorgeousness! Who would've thought such a small town could be so pretty? I'm so glad you got a little break with Layn, you're right spring break goes WAY too fast! And then its finals, and woof. But I'm glad you got a break! I'm coming out to Mesa in a couple weeks for a weekend, I'm excited I've never been to Arizona before you know. I wish I could see you or something! But its a really bizarre (I mean REALLY) whirlwind of a family trip. AND also you need to post more pictures of Mya already!
those petroglyphs are awesome. glad you guys had fun!
what a cool place. aren't little family get togethers like that the best?! i love your mom for planning such cool things so that your family can be together and create memories.
Post a Comment