Thursday, August 7, 2008

Fun finds...

I've been in search for a booster seat to replace Ty's high chair. I think he's outgrown the whole high chair thing and always wants to sit down at the table with us. But, I didn't want to buy the fisher price one that everyone seems to have. Its great and all, but I thought I could find something better and I didn't want just another thing with a tray to clean. So I went to Babies R' Us and found this "Cooshie Booster" seat and I'm in love with it. It has suction cups on the bottom and you just put it right on top of a dining chair and voila! Ty now sits at the table with us and loves it. In fact, he carries this thing (its really lightweight too) around the house and sits in it everywhere. It really reminds me of the old school brown u-shaped booster seats they had at restaurants (maybe they still do, but I haven't seen them lately). Maybe you all already know about this, but I didn't and I'm lovin it.

Another thing I found was a store at San Tan Mall called Naartjie. I've seen their stuff online before, but didn't know they had any stores in Arizona, until recently. They sell baby and kids clothes and they have really cute stuff. Its so hard to find decent clothes for boys sometimes. I mean Children's Place, Gap, and sometimes Target have cute stuff, but still there's not a whole lot of selection. The clothes they sell are unique too and kind of a vintage-y feel.

I'm also trying to find a new pediatrician for Ty. I love his pediatrician currently, but she's all the way out by Chandler Mall! I just hate driving all the way out there everytime he gets sick or has an appointment. I told myself I'm sure I could find another pediatrician I loved just as much that would be a whole lot closer. If any of you LOVE your pediatrician (that is board certified too) here in the valley, please let me know!
One bit of good news around here is Layn was just offered an externship at the Federal District Court in downtown Phoenix working with the attorneys and judges there for this coming semester! Of course he accepted it and he is really looking forward to his 2nd year starting again and his upcoming externship. Way to go Layn.
One last thing, I'm so excited the Olympics are here! Its crazy that its been 4 years. I love watching the olympics and all the naturally talented athletes out there compete (watching gymnastics is the best, they are amazing!).

11 comments:

diana said...

i'll have to check out that booster seat. it looks lower than ava's which would probably fit better under the table... although, she usually just sits in a chair now, but maybe for emaline when she's older.

Ashlyn Ellsworth said...

I love naartjie!! My sisters kiddos are always dressed so cute and of course it comes from there. It is very different and it comes from South Africa!! We love that store. Just another hint for a great find is the store Pumpkin Patch. I know my sister buys all her boys stuff there because it is good quality and fits the best. So her attitude the cute boy stuff is pumpkin patch and the girl stuff comes from naartjie!! Hope all is well! Love ya!

Cari Florence said...

Oh I LOVE naartjie!! I just recently found out about that store. I was thrilled when I walked in and saw the cutest boys clothes ever!!

By the way I switched Brayden's pediatrician a few months ago and LOVE him!! I found him through a few recommendations. His name is Dr. Leavitt and he works at Gilbert Pediatrics. They have a office on Greenfield/baseline and a brand new one on power/pecos. I've been thoroughly impressed with the doctor's that work there!!

Sarah Williams said...

ooo i like the seat. i'm sick of the high chair too. but we just have bar stools that we sit at so i have a feeling elsie would fall right off. i love those photo websites you posted. i'm sure your studio will be great if you do it like those. i hear you on the million photographers too. you just need a niche and you'll be ok, i bet!

Alissa said...

Congrats Layn on your externship. let us know how it goes.

Brooke said...

I do have 2 of the Fisher Price ones and the reason I love it is the buckle. I don't let my kids get up until they are done eating and with the buckle they are trained.....I don't buckle it anymore but it worked when I needed it. Now, I think those would be good for them because they don't get up anymore!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

I am going to have to get one of those boosters! Paityn always wants to sit at the table with us but ends up having to stand!
Love Naartjie and Pumpkin Patch! Super cute clothes!
I have actually had my kids go to Dr. Leavitt too a few times- Their Dr. was Dr. Hall(LOVE her!) But she moved to the Power/Pecos location- so now they see Dr. Askar on Recker/Brown. So far- so good. That's who Shelly has always gone to and loves her!
Love your Photography website! You did such a Great and thorough job on it! Karla and I want to come see your new place this week!
Hope you're doing good!

Mary-Sunshine said...

Well, I really liked my Dr. I went to Gilbert Ped. They have an office on Greenfield and Baseline....I think that is it. I can't use them anymore and it is sad to me.....

nicole said...

i've been having a really hard time finding cute boy clothes too...and i've only just begun looking! i have always loved naartjie and pumpkin patch...i just wish those places had walmart and target prices :)
i haven't been blogging lately, but i did check out your photography website, and i just got so excited for you! your dream is finally becoming a reality! congratulations! and congrats on layn's externship! that's so exciting!

Tawnya said...

We see Dr. Auxier at Gilbert Pediatrics, it seems like everyone I know goes there (and sees a different dr.), but everyone I talk to loves all the dr.'s there. I really like Dr. Auxier - he's LDS and has grandkids, and seems to be pretty practical about things. Good Luck.

Cheltsie Spils said...

Aww Celeste, I am so glad you found me it was fun to see your blog! Aren't you so in love with your little boy...isn't it the funnest! You sound just like me on boy clothes, gymboree and all those stores make boy stuff so nerdy with a boring dinosaur on it. I'll have to take you shoppping with me and show you all my fav finds there's too many to list!