Wednesday, October 3, 2007

3 weeks away

Ty is just 3 weeks away from turning 1. It's crazy that our little buddy has been with us for that long. He is such a cutie. This last week he has learned to give kisses. Even though he just presses his open mouth to your cheek, its still adorable to see. He's still just the little adventurer each day as he scoots from the family room to the kitchen to explore the cabinets and tote whatever the trophy-of-the-day is (be it a granola bar, blanket, toy, or pacifier) along with him.


We went to the D'backs 2nd playoff game tonight with Roger. It was exciting to see a win and enjoy our 1st MLB game together.

Ty came down with 2 ear infections on Wednesday. He was a little grumpy and running a high fever, but he was a trooper as he still tried to have fun with everyone.


I've had this week off from school and have had a blast spending time with Celeste and my pal Ty. Of course, I haven't neglecting school work, spending 3-4 hours each day reading and preparing outlines for study aids during finals. Celeste is heading out to Oklahoma a week from Monday and will be gone for 6 days. If I don't starve, I should be able to get a lot of studying in then too.



Tuesday night was my 1st church ball game. It's nice that it starts 2 months earlier than it does in Utah. Our team is alright, but we lost our 1st game. We were up 6 with 50 seconds left but the other team hit a free throw (any shooting foul automatically leads to 1 point and possession) and 2 three's to win it. There aren't any refs to make calls or control tempers so its a new environment. I'm looking forward to the exercise now just as much as the enjoyment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When is he going to grow hair? ;)

Kelly said...

ok, that pic of Ty is soo stinkin cute!! I love it! Im glad you guys are having a fun week while Layn has a break! miss you guys!
love ya