Our 2nd day down there we took a day-long trip to several places. The first place was snorkeling in Akumal. We started out in a lagoon estuary and saw a ton of different and colorful fish. We than swam out to the reef and saw a sting ray and 2 sea turtles.
Our 2nd stop on the day trip was an underground cave. We snorkeled in its 'refreshingly cool' waters (everyone could hear Celeste's heavy breathing through her snorkel tube due to the cold water taking her breath away. Quite humorous). There were bats, stalagmites, and stalagtites all over. Claustrophobia set in a little bit when the holes were tight to swim through or when the lights flickered off.
Our last stop on this trip was a private beach. The tour guide and driver stopped by a local market and made us fresh a Mexican lunch on the beach. It was as good or better than any meal we ate at our resort.
The second day we took a half-day trip to a Mayan ruin city in Tulum. It was pretty interesting, but Celeste wound up with 39 mosquito bites on her legs and feet. I only had 4 or 5; I guess Celeste's blood is far tastier. There were iguanas everywhere and huge locusts (about the size of a man's hand).
While swimming around the resort's pool I noticed a black guy who looked familiar. We swam another loop and I was certain: Charlie Villanueva. No, his height didn't give it away. We wound up going on the same shopping excursion into Cancun with him and his friends. I struck up some conversation with him and we're pretty tight now. Go Bucks!
2 comments:
What a great trip. I'm so glad that you two got to go. I hope you enjoyed it. It looks like it was a beautiful place. I'm so jealous that you got to go in a cave under water. That is just about hte coolest thing. Good luck in school Layn! oh, and yeah for Tyler for clapping his hands
When you and Celeste were at the Mayan ruin city, did you play Tetris?. (LOL)
Post a Comment