
The past couple of days we've been doing plenty of lounging around watching movies. I rear ended someone late Saturday afternoon going about 35-40 mph. The airbags went off and I hit my knees (my right one harder - hence the bear-shaped ice pack that has come in quite handy) on the dash, my neck and back are sore and I have bruises along my waistline and on my shoulder from the seatbelt restraint. Thank goodness for seatbelts and airbags or else I would be a complete mess. How did I manage to rear-end someone going that fast you ask? I don't even know. I have no idea where my mind or my eyes were at the time. All I remember is looking up and seeing a suburban at a dead stop about 20 feet away and slamming on the brakes. Then I remember opening my eyes and seeing smoke all around. My initial reaction was "My car is on fire." I hurried and unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car and walked to the side of the road. I was shaking like crazy and a big crying mess.
Although this was a very unfortunate event I feel blessed beyond words. Blessed because number one, Layn was at home with the kids while I was just running the the grocery store. Who knows how hurt they could have been had they been in the car with me and I don't like even thinking about it. I would never forgive myself if anything happened to my kids. Number two, I walked away pretty much scratch free (minus a few bumps and bruises). Number three, the person I ran into wasn't injured in the slightest (and her big suburban barely looked like it had been hit). My car, well, looked like a different story. Probably totaled. And number four, my friend and neighbor Scarlett happened to be driving by with her family right after the accident happened. They pulled over and helped me get all my belongings out of my car, provided me with some water to drink, and waited there with me until the accident scene was wrapped up (which was about an hour).
I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who was watching out for me and keeping us safe that afternoon. My heart is full and I am so grateful.
13 comments:
Oh my heck, Celeste! I'm so glad you're okay. And I'm glad you were being looked after. I hope your leg feels better soon! Oh I'm just so glad you're okay.
I'm sorry Celeste! That is so scary! It sound very similar to a wreck that I was in a few years ago. Someone pulled out in front of me while I was going 45 mph and I smacked right into their car. Thankfully no one was hurt but I have almost the exact bruises as you. I had my hand on the horn when the air bag deployed so I did break a finger and sprained my wrist. Not fun! Thankfully it happened during a busy time of day so there were many witnesses and they were all so very kind to me and helped me so much. I'm so glad that it was a minor accident. I hope you heal quickly!
Oh man, Celeste, I am so glad you are ok. When your mom told me, I about died. I totally know how it feels and I am SO sorry. I am glad you are healing quickly and doing better. We love you.
dang... finally i get the whole story! that sounds absolutely GNARLY celeste. i am SO glad that you are okay and that it is nothing more serious. and i am SO glad your kids weren't with you. a huge blessing.
that picture is downright hilarious. what movie are you watching? looks like a good one. ty doesn't seem to be too into it though so i'm guessing it's a chick flick.
keep those bear icepacks a working. i need my lady good and healed.
Yikes Girl!! I'm so glad that you are ok!! And seriously you are so lucky that you didn't have your kids with ya. I hope you feel better soon!! You look too cute with the bear ice pack on ya :) Oh and cute pillow!! Did you make that or buy it?
Oh my goodness! I am so glad you are ok Celeste! How scary....but what a blessing that you are not more seriously injured! Let me know if there is anything I can do for you and your family!!!
i'm so sorry to hear this, how scary! i hope you start feeling better soon!
So glad that you're ok! Get better soon!
Oh my goodness love...thank heavens you are okay! I can totally relate, my mind is here, there, and everywhere 90% of the time. I am so thankful you walked away with minor bruises and scrapes.
Rest and let me know if you need anything! Love ya!
That's so awful. It makes me sick just thinking about being in that situation. I'm so glad you're fine and the kids weren't with you. What a blessing. Hope you're feeling better soon.
it's so good to have you back. this pic is too cute, haha...i've never seen such a cute little ice pack.
i'm so so glad that you'e doing ok. now that things are looking up, we still need to plan our tie dyeing/eyelash party...haha!
Scarlett told me all about the accident that night. I'm glad she was there for you.
I've been in several car accidents, one my fault when I was 17 (so that does'nt count anymore) but... what I took away from those accidents was how to be more alert and careful ont he streets. I also learned that accidents happen weather you are a good driver or not. Just count your many blessing and don't beat yourself up for even a minute.
Cute pic. I love it when you don't even know your having a pic taken. So real and true to life.
How scary! I am so glad that you are ok! Hope you are all recovered now.
P.S. I love your pictures!
Post a Comment