Friday, May 29, 2009

5/52


Yep- I'm getting caught up again! My original plan was to do this every Sunday, so I guess now I'm only 1 week behind. We went out for shaved ice the other night- it was Ty's first experience with it. I thought he would absolutely love it- I mean its pretty much straight sugar- but he only took a few bites and then said he was all done. He told me it was too "spicy". He calls anything too "spicy" if its sour, salty, or anything out of the norm. Funny kid. I guess we'll have to order him a different one when we go again.

Shaved ice is the perfect treat on a hot summer night here in Arizona. And there is this great little Hawaiian Shaved Ice stand on a street corner a couple miles from where we live that is simply delicious. Strawberry Colada with cream on top- yum.

10 comments:

Ashlyn Ellsworth said...

You talking about the Sno Cone Shack on Broadway and Power? I love that place. I don't know what it is called but my sister and I call it the Shack. I love Raspberry with cream YUMMO!!

Kelly said...

HOLY CRAP. I about freaked out when I saw that first pic!! IT IS SOOO CUTE!! I love your smile!! Its so happy and big and pretty. I love your smile, your gorgeous. and TY!! hahaha. HE LOOKS SO HAPPY WITH HIS MOM!! I told Rog "With how big of a sass he is to his mommy this is a GREAT pic!!!"

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

Great pictures! I love that shaved ice place- Yummy! How the Heck are you! I am coming to visit this week- Tay is finally out of school so we have freedom! We need a girls nite too! Love ya tons!

The Van Fam said...

Celeste you are so pretty! And i love love love that project 52 idea!

Brooke said...

I have always wanted to try that place, is it the one on Power and Main? I LOVE shaved ice! Cute pics!

nannybent1 said...

Okay you have to take me when I come to Mesa in August. Promise me..... Love the pics of you and Ty.
How is Mya doing? Love amd miss you all. Nanny...

nicole said...

ahhh...i LOVE that first pic of the two of you! we'll have to try that place out...looks so yummy!

i am really loving your idea too, to do a pic a week. and i love the pics that you've posted so far. you and your kids are going to cherish these.

nevedobson said...

mmm! i haven't been there yet... i always want to... mind you i always want to be eating some sort of dessert.

thanks for the tip!

cute picture.

Anderson Family said...

I have to agree... shaved ice is the perfect treat for the summer! It is seriously all I have been wanting and craving. I will have to try this place out!

Sarah Williams said...

thats a lot of pressure to get dressed nice enough for a pic every week, i don't think i could do it. You should get a margaritaville shaved ice machine I use mine almost everyday. I buy the sugar free syrups from Amazon