Monday, March 30, 2009

A great reminder...




I just love this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6JHXHWZLpU. Some of you have probably already heard this song.

When I heard it for the first time, I actually cried (must have been those after pregnancy psycho hormones). And it got me thinking if I am really cherishing these moments as much as I should be while my kids are young. My mom has always told me over and over that I'll miss these days as a young mother. To which I reply "yeah right". The lack of sleep, the endless diaper changing, the tantrums, time out again and again, constantly cleaning up and making food, trying to keep the house clean, teaching your kids about anything and everything, etc. All you moms out there know exactly what I'm talking about. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE being a mom and I love my kids to pieces. But it isn't always the easiest job sometimes. It requires more patience and love than I ever thought was humanly possible (patience is a constant daily challenge for me). And I must admit I do look to the future sometimes thinking how much better life will be when this or that happens or passes, etc. Which is why I loved this song when I heard it. It really won't be like this for long and I will look back and laugh at the daily stresses of being a mom and the little moments will always have a special place in my heart (I just have to keep reminding myself of that some days).

On to other things...

We are loving this little gem. She's smiling all the time and cooing at times. She usually sleeps about a five hour stretch most nights now, which is absolutely wonderful for me! And she is always awake around dinner time until about 10 or 11 pm. We get some great time in together at night before bed. If all babies were as easy as she has been I'd have 10 (on second thought, maybe not). Ty loves her too (most of the time at least). He loves her a little too much sometimes where she gets a little smothered.

Here are a few pics I snapped yesterday after church. I love being able to have a studio where I can just go whenever and take pictures. I don't have to wait for the lighting to be right outside or anything like that. Because let's be honest: kids aren't always cooperative at the times you want them to be :) And yes, I know I'm totally lacking on recent pics of Ty on here lately, I'm working on it. He runs away and hides whenever he sees me get my camera. Grrr. Love that little stinker to pieces though.








What a sweetie pie.

12 comments:

danberg said...

what a cutie! i hope mine is as calm as she is :)

Mary-Sunshine said...

She is so pretty! I have to agree with you on not thinking I could miss these moments. I try all the time to remind myself that now is the easy part of becoming a mom!!!!

Calley said...

Oh my little heart seriously melts every time I see pictures of her! She really is a beautiful lady :)
We'll be in Seattle for our internship again. When we chose Seattle U that pretty much meant we'd be in Seattle for good, so that's fine with me. Although I'd love to live in the sunshine!
I'll have to email you about visiting Mesa, its pretty much the best story of my life or something :)
Glad Mya is such a good baby! Good babies are the best :) (not like I'd know, though!)

diana said...

she's such a beauty.

i, too, am learning to slow down and enjoy this time with my little ones. learning to enjoy the ups as well as the downs, for they will be gone far too quickly!

nevedobson said...

she IS such a sweetie pie. so pretty... i can't get over it.

you and layn are going to have to beat off those boys that will be going after her with a bat!

Kelly said...

oooh wow, she is SO precious!! I love her and I want to hold her again.

Cari Florence said...

That's my favorite song too! I cry every time I hear it. I don't want things to change because pretty soon Brayden won't think I'm cool, and he'll be embarrassed to have me around :( What am I going to do with myself when that happens?

nicole said...

that song made me get up from the computer and give ruby a big hug...thanks for sharing it.

i love these pictures, celeste, you are so good!

Alissa said...

Very sweet pictures Celeste. I love them. Hope all is well.

shhluke said...

She is sooooo pretty. I love that I'm finally having time to check blogs, this is the first time I've even seen her! I wish I had your photography skills or at least your sweet family a little closer to memphis. Keep the pictures coming!

Cortney said...

Okay, no joke that song gets me everytime too! These pictures of Mya are just beautiful. I realized I came over today and didn't even hold her! What was I thinking?!?...oh yeah cranky baby, lol. Next time! Thanks again for being an amazing friend...can't wait for our lunch date.

danberg said...

seriously love the first picture, she is a doll. i keep going back to just look at it!