Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lots of happenings...

Whew I need a breather after this past week. Layn finished his finals on Monday and then we went out with our great friends Scott and Kirby in celebration Monday night for a yummy dinner at The Keg.

On Tuesday morning we left at 4:30 am for a road trip to Utah to see Layn's family before the holidays. Needless to say, it ended up being a 15 hour long road trip. We invited Roger and Kelly to come with us since we had extra room and Layn had to end up flying up on Tuesday night at the last minute due to an interview he had to attend that afternoon. So Roger drove the whole way while I sat in the backseat with Ty. It was pouring rain all through Phoenix that whole morning and so we missed the turnoff to get to Las Vegas and ended up in the thick of a huge snow storm in and outside of Flagstaff. It was snowing like crazy and its a miracle we didn't slide off the road or anything (and of course, special thanks to Rog's driving skills :) I should have taken pictures of how insane the snow storms we hit were. We went like 20-30 mph for two hours straight I think.
So we ended up eventually making it and crashing at our hotel in Sandy while Layn's dad picked him up at the airport and met me at our hotel. Ty did remarkably well, though! So I'm so grateful for that too.

Day 1 Wednesday
We spent the day hanging out with Layn's family and I got to go to one of my favorite stores on earth (Tai Pan Trading) and spend 3 hours! Then we went to dinner that night at an Italian restuarant called Spaghetti Mama's and then headed to Temple Square to see the temple lights. Needless to say, Ty is a spoiled Arizona boy and hates the snow and cold weather and didn't like being outside in the bitter cold, let alone being bundled up in his coat and hat. So, that didn't last long, but it was nonetheless a fun-filled day.
^-- Dinner at Spaghetti Mama's
^-- Ty all bundled up :)
Day 2 Thursday
It was snowing like crazy all morning and so we braved the storm and went down to Provo and met up with our great friends Kyle and Alissa for lunch at CPK at University Mall to do some catching up and finally meet their adorable little boy Henry.
We were next door neighbors in Wymount with them for 2 years and we love them and miss them like crazy! We had some fun times together and loads of memories. Thanks again guys, we love you!
We left the restaurant and drove all the way back to Sandy only to discover we had left our credit card at the restaurant! So, I drove back to get it and then got stuck in traffic for an hour on the way back. We hung out some more at Layn's parents house and then met up with my Aunt and Grandma for a delicious dinner at Buca di Beppo with Rog & Kelly.

Day 3 Friday
Yet again it snowed for a majority of the day and we went to Toys R' Us to help Layn's mom pick out a Christmas present for Ty and then when we came back I made homemade Cafe Rio salads for his family and we finished out the day by going to Iceberg and a yummy yogurt place called Yogurt Stop (yes, we did go to 2 ice cream places in the same day!).
^-- Ty downed his ice cream. No surprise there.
^-- This is my masterpiece I created :)
^-- Ty insisted on telling Daddy what kinds of candy he wanted in his frozen yogurt.
Day 4 Saturday
We left Salt Lake and picked up Rog and Kelly and had a 12 hour drive home which was so much better than the 15 hour drive there. When I woke up that morning I had noticed a throbbing pain in my right leg, but didn't think much of it until it progressively got worse all through the drive home. So bad, in fact, that I could barely walk on it. By the time we reached Mesa at 10 pm I knew something had to be wrong, but I didn't want to go to the ER. My mom and Layn made me call my OB/GYN and ask about it. I described the symptoms and he thought for sure I must have a blood clot in my leg and go the the ER to get an ultrasound. Layn gave me a blessing and we left Ty at my mom & dad's house (thanks again mom and dad for all your help) and went to the ER. The doctors and nurses all thought for sure there was a blood clot, but after the ultrasound, nothing showed. So, to make a long story short, I'm home now and feeling much better. I can at least walk around now. But I'm so glad everything is okay. Weird things happen when you are pregnant. Or maybe I'm just a whimp.

Thanks again to Layn's family for having us up and a wonderful fun-filled time! You guys were so generous to us and Ty had a blast playing with all of you! It was a quick trip with tons and tons of snow, but it was well worth it.

Now on to this week. Can you believe Christmas is 4 days away!?

10 comments:

Calley said...

1. Congrats on having a husband again! Isn't it the best?! I hope you guys have a splendid break.
2. You are the cutest prego! And you dont' even look pregnant at all! Your face is still as skinny as ever, and I love your little raven dark locks.
3. I'm glad your blood clot was a phantom one! Whew, that's gotta be scary.
4. Enjoy your snow-less Christmas! I wish that was us I hate to say, this snow is getting old! (esp. when Seattle doesn't know how to handle snow).

sarahtuckett said...

Oh Celeste -- It sounds like you had a great time -- except for the ride up there... At least you weren't stopped dead on the freeway for 4 hours like we were that one time coming home! Remember that? Sheez.... Hope to see you over the holidays.

danberg said...

yuck on the snow! yuck yuck yuck. looks like a good trip otherwise. i didn't see any pictures of ty playing in the snow, but then again it wouldn't surprise me if he hated it! remember how our two kids were with the sand? Ha!!!

Anderson Family said...

I love Tai Pan Trading! Such a fun store and I love finding really great deals there.
Sounds like a really fun quick trip to Utah! I'm glad you had fun there in the snow! ;)

danberg said...

okay, sorry i forgot one important thing. layn - that is one kickin' BYU old school (or skool) jacket you are sportin' in your temple lights picture. WOW!!!! Seriously, you look hot in it.

Austin and Maren said...

You came to Utah and DIDN'T visit!!! I feel so hurt... :( j/k I'm glad you got to see lots of snow. It is the best part of Christmas.

shannon said...

Celeste - What a crazee vacation. Sounds like you had so much fun. I can't believe you would even want to weather (pun intended) a long road trip like that so preggers. I hated traveling like that. Your a trooper.. not a whimp!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

Wow- you have been one busy girl! Sounds like you had a fun trip with lots of yummy food and Ice Cream! I hope you had a Great Christmas! I want to come see you before you have little Mya. Hope you are feeling okay- let me know if I can help you out with anything! Seriously!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

Hey Karla, Andrea, Jess and I are meeting at Sweet Cakes on Thursday! And we want you to come! We can't get a hold of you tho- Karla says you have a new # but we don't have it! Call me or text me! Love ya

nicole said...

wow! 15 hours? and i conplained about about the 12 it took us. we used to do that drive in 10 1/2 hours...but that was before the extra kid...and dog. i didn't know you guys were in utah too...of course, you were probably home before we even got there.
how scary about your leg...who knows, maybe you really did have a blood clot...we can never underestimate the healing power of Christ through the priesthood. i'm so glad you're doing ok now!