Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another Dr visit...

I had another doctor's visit today and it went really well. They said my blood levels are great and right where they should be. And on the ultrasound I got to finally see a heartbeat (which I have desperately been waiting to hear). Although there is a developing baby and heartbeat my doctor has still ordered bedrest until the spotting stops. He says that I'm not "out of the woods" just yet. On the ultrasound he saw that part of the placenta has detached and formed a blood clot, which he thinks is the cause of the spotting. I go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound.

My nerves are so much more at ease now after seeing the ultrasound. And even though I'm not "out of the woods" yet I feel so much better about everything. Thank you everyone for your sweet thoughts and comments. I'm so grateful to have all of you.

11 comments:

Sarah Williams said...

I'm glad you have a blog so i can keep up! I never knew! Good luck, crazy lady...out boogie boarding. being on bedrest does have some benefits- reading, being lazy, etc. i think i'm teaching the first aide for you. lindz just emailed me so no worries bout that.

Kelly said...

ooh good! Im glad you feel better and things are looking up.
love you so much

nicole said...

John gave me the wonderful news last night! What a relief! We'll continue praying for you though.

I also have some movies to bring to you. Sorry, it's been one of those days, but maybe we can stop by on our way to the grocery store tonight? I call you to be sure.

I'm so happy...that is the best news ever, and I'm so glad that you got to see the heartbeat...how comforting.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

Hooray! You take it all so much better than I would Celeste. I'm glad everything is okay.

My kids are obsesssed with looking at all the vacation pics. They turned out really well. Can you make a CD for me and send it out--I'll reimburse postage.

You are in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya :)

Brooke said...

Oh what good news! There is nothing like seeing the heartbeat, coming from someone who can definately feel what you're going through! Even now, at 28 weeks, I still get nervous at each appointment to hear the heartbeat because of the trauma previously! I think that the worry comes from knowing what it is like to not see a heartbeat! I am so glad and I hope and pray that things continue to go great for you and the little baby! Good luck Celeste! BTW I can't wait for you to be my visiting teacher but for now let's just do phone visits ok!

The Frost Family said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you. Hope everything goes well with you and the baby.

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

You are Amazing! I just saw your cute parents at the Temple this morning and they told me the news- so I have you in my thoughts and prayers always! Please let me know if I can ever do anything for you! I hope everything goes well! I love the sound of a baby's heartbeat- it is such a miracle! Love you Tons!

Mary-Sunshine said...

I am so happy for you! Congrats! Remember, your ward is amazing, let people help you! Everyone loves you and loves to feel like they can help. Good luck with the new move.

Tawnya said...

man i have really let the blogging slip, you go a couple weeks without checking and you miss alot. i'm so grateful for blogs so i can keep up on all the news.

i am so glad that things are looking good for you, and so excited for you! i hope, hope, hope that things go well - take it easy. yay!!!

diana said...

oh, that's great news celeste! please let me know if i can do anything for you, i'd love to help.

Ryan and Marci said...

Hey Celeste! I am thinking of you & am glad that things are looking good. Babies are such miracles! Prayer is powerful & can get you through anything. :)