Monday, May 19, 2008

Where have I been?

I apologize for the lack of posts recently. I've been revelling in the fact that Layn is now done with his 1st year of grad school and I'm able to see him regularly. I'm going to soak up every minute I can with him, because I know that before we know it, his 2nd year will be starting.

We've had a lot of fun lately and I've been able to sleep in some mornings while Layn gets up with Ty. It is so wonderful. Last week Layn's two younger sisters (Ashley & Lauryn) came into town to visit us. We took them to the mall, out to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory, the train park, swimming in the pool, and just had fun relaxing and enjoying each other's company. Ty sure loved having his Aunts around too. After they left he would walk around the house saying "Ashie?" and "Lah-yah?" It was too cute. Thanks again for coming to visit us Ashley & Lauryn! We loved having you guys! Here are just a couple pictures from their visit.







Ending the week last week I went down to Tucson with my mom, dad, and sister to meet up with my brother and his wife to go see the Broadway play, Cats. Layn was so nice to offer to stay home with Ty. I'd never seen Cats before and so I was really excited to go, plus seeing Broadway plays is one of my favorite things to do. The play was pretty good, but not nearly as good as the other Broadway plays I've been able to see. Thanks again mom & dad!



Although next year at Gammage, Wicked and The Lion King are going to be touring here in Phoenix. I am so excited. I've already seen The Lion King (which is phenomenal) but I've really been wanting to see Wicked. Anyone want to come with me next year?!





Layn and I have been able to go out on some dates lately too. It had felt like forever since we had been out as a couple. We've seen some good movies recently (Ironman & Made of Honor). We also enjoyed watching the Jazz vs. Lakers series, even though it ended badly.

I've been a real picture taking slug lately but I'm planning some more field trips soon to new locations, so stay tuned for more fun things. My goal this week is to take some time to figure out how to upload some videos of Ty on our blog too. I'll try not to go this long again without posting anything!

This is just a cute pic of Ty my sister took during a prayer. Isn't he so reverent?

12 comments:

Brooke said...

I just got a thing in the mail for Wicked and I have already seen it but am dying to see it again! Let's go!

Katie said...

Wicked... count me in!

Calley said...

You're living the dream my friend! I've wanted to see Wicked forever, so you'll have to tell me how that goes. I need to just email you one of these days, so we can share the 411 of surviving wives of the 1st year of law school :) It is so nice to have them done! (although I throw up a little when I think of next year, with getting stuff ready for law review, work, and school, aaaack!) Ty is just too cute! Hope all's well, love ya!

Kelly said...

What CUTE pics of tyler! !hahaha I loved the one with his belly. aNd I could just see his uncle Roger saying "Tyler had his eyes open during the prayer!!!" Does THAT sound familiar??

love you..
see you soon

Cari Florence said...

How fun to have your hubby back! Isn't it crazy how fun dating your husband can be when you finally get to do it again?? Ryan and I hardly dated at all this year because we were both so busy! We're playing catch up this summer though :) Ty looks adorable praying. What a reverent boy!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

Yay- I've been waiting to see what you've been up to since your hubby has been free! Looks like you guys have been having fun! We need to come visit soon- Ty is so cute! Luv you

diana said...

glad to have you back! sounds like you've had some busy and fun times!

nicole said...

What a fun couple of weeks! Sounds like you guys haven't waisted a minute!
I totally want in on the Wicked thing. I've never seen it, but have been wanting to for a long time.
Thanks for coming last night, it meant a lot to me, and I know it meant a lot to Diana too. Your such a fun person to be around. I always look forward to our little get-togethers. We need to plan another one soon. Is it getting too hot for the train park? Or do you think it would be worth trying to go in the next week or so?

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

I love the pic of Ty during prayer. So cute! Can't wait to see y'all!

danberg said...

that's a cute pic i took:) guess ty wasn't the only one with his eyes open during the prayer ;) check out our blog, i posted a picture of emmy with her favorite person in the whole world :) can't wait to get home and see you guys! I'm getting worn out! Love ya, see ya tomorrow.

Hafen Family said...

Hi Celeste,
So, I'm taking a poll of you amazing photographers to see what kind of camera you think is the best. What kind do you have, and what brand do you like? If you could email me back at kt_jane8@hotmail.com, that would be totally awesome. We're looking to upgrade, and want to get advice from people who know more about cameras then we do. Thank you so much!
-Katie Hafen

Mary-Sunshine said...

I had no idea Wicked was coming to Gammage!!! I am soooooo excited! I want to see it sooooo bad! Jared and I both do! Count us in! We are soooo going! When is it going to be here? I saw Cats a little bit ago with my mother-in-law and I loved it! It was soooo neat!