Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Time flies by...

I can't believe its been a week and a half since my last post. Sometimes I don't really feel like I have much to blog about but I feel the need to keep my online journal and family updated. I also don't usually like to post without any pictures, so this here is a rare occasion.

Ty has been sick this past week with some bug going around and is finally better these past couple days. I am sleep deprived from the multiple wakings in the middle of the night to go clean Ty's bed from throw-up and diarrhea (sorry, that's probably too much information). But Ty has been quite the trooper and has been pretty happy for the most part, despite all he's been through. Having a sick kid is no fun for anyone. And great news for all who don't know- Ty is a full fledged walker now! He started strictly walking a little over a week ago. Everyone would tell me that I would be grateful he wasn't walking yet because then I'll have to chase him, he'll get into more things, etc. But I am actually loving it! Yes it comes with its challenges but what doesn't? I love the independence it is bringing him.

More news around here: Layn's last day of classes is on Friday with the whole next three weeks filled with reading days, finals, and the write-on competition for law journal. I am not looking forward to these coming weeks with Layn staying up until 4 a.m. to cram and never seeing him! Such is life. I find it hard to believe this first year of school for him is almost over. We've almost been in Arizona for a year (it'll be a year on the 28th). Wow. We found a place to move into this past week for the next two or three years (thanks again to Jared & Mary!). We'll be moving this summer sometime. And I am on my last class to finish up which is also my most dreaded one. I will sure be glad when it is all done.

We are also looking forward to our family reunion (the Bentley side, just my parents and my siblings & their families) this summer over the 4th of July. My parents rented out a house right on the beach in Oceanside for a week. I love the beach and am so excited to take Ty to the San Diego Zoo, Sea World, and all of those fun places. It will be loads of fun with everyone there and all our kids are around the same age so they will have fun together too. Hopefully Layn & I will be able to take a mini vacation of our own sometime this summer also. We'll have to see.

Other than that, things are great around here! Until next post...

7 comments:

Cari Florence said...

California huh?? We're going there this summer as well. It will be Brayden's 1st experience at the beach, but I know he'll love it. Seriously I think kids make vacations way more fun!!

Hooray for Ty becoming an official walker! It is amazing the independence that comes from it. Brayden is into everything and anything, but is just hilarious at the same time. He has to run everywhere which can be exhausting, but hey it's my workout for the day!

Let's get together soon!! Are you guys moving into my neighborhood??

The Van Fam said...

Lucky you, you have an official walker on your hands now! The adventures are just beginning! Just wait until he starts running!! Just kidding it really is so fun and such an accomplishment when kids learn to walk! Trey thinks its so fun to run away from me in stores now and hide!

Mary-Sunshine said...

I am glad you are going to live here! It is nice to know that the place will be in good hands! The reunion sounds fun! We are doing one with my family that same weekend! Just my brothers and sisters!

Brooke said...

We will be in Carlsbad (10 minutes away) during the same week! My family has gone every year forever and we should see eachother at least while we are there!

Brooke said...

I told Rob, I kindof would have liked the kids there for pictures....but I can't imagine having to pay that much each time I wanted to go there for a little photoshoot! I couldn't imagine having like wedding shots there...amazing!

nicole said...

All I can say is I am so glad that you guys are staying in the ward! I can't tell you enough how badly John and I wanted that for you, and, selfishly...for us too!

Todd, Christy, and Co. said...

Yay! I was going to come show up at your house if I didn't hear from you soon! I am so sorry about your miscarriage! I can not even imagine what you've gone through! Your pictures are beautiful! CALL ME sometime! Love You!