Saturday, October 27, 2007

Birthday boy



As some of you know, Ty's first birthday was on Thursday. It was a blast. My sister and mom and I made an Elmo cake for him and decorated it. It took what seemed like forever and the cake got a little messed up (you can notice his mouth is a wee bit crooked and retarded) but it turned out pretty darn good I must say, for my first professional cake decorating project!



We had a BBQ that night with my family and the Tuckett's and Cameron's came over. Ty didn't really know what to do with the cake at first, he just poked at it and we eventually found out that he doesn't really care for cake (or frosting for that matter), which I don't mind because its one less treat I have to worry about! But once the ice cream came, it was all over. Layn gave him two huge scoops and he screamed when it was all gone. He got some toys, trucks, a new car seat (woo hoo! maybe he'll stop hating riding in the car now? Maybe, but I'm not counting on it), shoes, clothes (thank you Nanny and Grandma Fae!) and all the love in the world!


I can't believe it was a year ago that he was born. It is so crazy how fast time flies by, and how much he's grown! He is learning so much and I feel so blessed from Heavenly Father to have such a choice spirit in my presence every day. He teaches me so much and I love being a mother!




1 comment:

Kelly said...

So Wed night i kept reminding myself to give you a call for Tys bday the next day. Then Thurs came and we had Rogs friend over for Dinner and i had a migraine all night and it slipped my mind. IM SO SORRY!!! i love you ... ill call you guys today!

and Rogs excuse?.... ......

he is Roger ;)