Wednesday, May 16, 2007

NBA Playoffs

The Jazz just won their series with Golden St. last night, a run into the Conference Finals that some might call improbable. As a matter of fact, nobody really picked the Jazz to win this series (or the Houston one for that matter) because they were too busy riding the Warriors' bandwagon after the Dallas upset they pulled. To me, the Warriors' problem was lack of discipline - something the Jazz are well known for. I think that the Jazz have a better shot against the Suns than the Spurs (because of matchups). The Jazz are 8-2 in their last 10 games in the playoffs, including 6-0 at home.


Celeste and I are looking forward to a Suns-Jazz matchup (her team vs. mine) if PHX can win the series with the Spurs. I think Nash lucked out of being reprimanded for his retaliatory charge and grab on Horry. The League overlooked dirty Bowen and Duncan's bench departure to hyper-scrutinize Diaw & Stoudemire. I think SA will do it in 6.



Due to the attention the Spurs have gotten as a dirty team, I think Golden St. has flown under the radar. In the 5 games against Utah, they had 4 technicals & 3 flagrant fouls.

No comments: